Monday, December 3, 2018

Thanksgiving Joys and a bit of Splendid Sampler 2 Sewing!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I am so thankful for my family and spending time with them over the Thanksgiving weekend.  Little Paxton was the life of the party all weekend of course and we all doted on him as much as possible.  He's a happy little guy and sure has grown up since we last saw him just a few weeks ago.  It's hard to believe our kids changed as quickly as our grand child does!  Haha!  We missed one of our daughters and her husband this Thanksgiving while they visited his side of the family but we had a mini Thanksgiving with them the weekend before, thank goodness .


I want to share (again) the news that I am thrilled to be a part of the Splendid Sampler 2 book.  If you have not heard about it, you can read more about it HERE on the web page SplendidSampler.com.   It's quite an honor to be included!  Thank you Jane and Pat!


I am a little late to the party but I've gotten a start on my blocks and will be using my first fabric line, Ginger & Spice Collection from Blank Quilting for my Splendid Sampler quilt.  It's been pretty fun to make these little blocks from my own fabric...still hard to believe!

Here are my first few blocks!
First up is Milk and Cookies designed by Rebecca Bryan


I laid my cute little Sheep Scissors on there since this block reminds me of a clock...time has flown since I started on these.  You can find the Sheep Scissors on my website by clicking HERE if you must have some for yourself or a special sewing friend!

Next up is Rose and Dot by Lori Kennedy


This is an easy applique' block!  A fun finish!  I used my starch basting notions for making the shapes crisp and precise very easily.  You can see these on the notions page of my website by clicking HERE.  

Thanks Ladies in the Splendid Sampler 2 for such cute blocks to work on!  I hope to get at it a bit more aggressively and get some of these babies done!
I will post a few more blocks for you to see tomorrow.  Until then, Happy Stitching and Take Care,
Missie

#SplendidSampler2 #BlankQuilting #TraditionalPrimitives #splendidsamplerdesigner #thesplendidsampler2 #thesplendidsampler  #aurifil  #quilting #handwork #31dayblogchallenge2018



No comments:

Post a Comment