Friday, December 21, 2012

Put Your Baking Caps ON!!

I'm just now getting back to baking for the holidays. I usually use my Memaw's Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe, but since I tried the Nutella cookies the other day, I decided to do an experiment. It worked! You must know that I am not a good cook! I try, but many times if given the option, my family will choose cereal if given the choice when I get creative in the kitchen! LOL

These cookies turned out wonderful! Even dear Hubs said so! So, here's the recipe!

Memaw's Peanut Butter Cookies

Preheat oven to 375*

1/2 cup shortening

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup peanut butter (or Nutella!)

Cream together and then add

1 egg

1 1/2 cup flour

1 tsp baking soda

A little salt

Mix well. Use a cookie scoop or teaspoon to make a ball and put on cookie sheet. Press the cookie to flatten slightly. ( I used an egg separator for the snowflake shape, but you can use the method with forks or any other press)

We did a taste test and made a cookie with white chocolate chips, pecans, a bit of peanut butter and plain as described above. The cookie with the white chocolate chips won hands down! Mmm...so, I added about a cup of white chocolate chips and baked. The test with just Nutella and pecans was also good, but skip the test to add peanut butter to the Nutella version. Choose one nut or the other!

Bake 10-12 minutes at 375*

Enjoy!!

Here they are before baking...




And here they are after baking...

And here they are after cooling!!!

YUMM!!

Take care, and don't eat too many!

Missie

 

1 comment:

  1. They look good! Love the idea of using the egg separator for a neat design.

    ReplyDelete