Tuesday, March 4, 2014

San Antonio Inspiration!

I made it home with no great event today!  No delay, no cancellation, and nice people sitting beside me.

I will try my first Mobile upload of a picture to my blog from my new smartphone. I just joined the land of smartphones a few weeks ago. Now I can walk around everywhere I go with my nose in my phone like so many other people I see walking around blind to what is around them! Lol!

Back to the picture. My nose was not stuck in my phone when I saw these beautiful tile right on the posts on the sidewalk. These beautiful tile we're on the street corner right next to our hotel. I took pictures of all of them they were so beautiful. What quilty inspiration! I wondered how old the tiles were. Don't they look like they are right out of a Kaffe book?

These beautiful stars were all over buildings and signs in San Antonio. Architecture is very inspirational. I imagine many of these were carved by hand as the buildings are very old. That's TALENT!

And I couldn't resist taking a picture of this cute little Pomeranian enjoying a meal with his owners. He was hand fed...sat there like a perfect child waiting for the next bite. I couldn't imagine my sweet dog being so perfect with delicious food in front of her! This dog was well trained. I'm not sure I would seat my dog at a table, but you never know what you will see when out and about! (I probably should blur the man's face, but can't quite figure that out!).

Thanks for stopping by today!

Take care,

Missie

 

7 comments:

  1. Welcome home! Those tiles are beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear that you made it home safely. I love looking at old buildings and local art when I go places, great inspiration.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tiles!! Are they inspiring any new creations? : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it home safe....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home ... glad you made it back. It's amazing what we see that inspires us ... my hubby swears that I see quilt patterns everywhere! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great tiles - so colorful! I really love those lone stars - I'm always amazed at old carvings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm... I wouldn't be surprised to see those "tile inspirations" come forth in a new pattern from you... they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete