Thursday, May 31, 2012

One Done, Many to Go!

This is a quilt made by Kathy Russie . I just finished quilting it for her on my Sunshine 16 Midarm Quilting Machine. The blocks were quilted using continuous line free motion quilting. It was lots of fun to make the plan and map out the stitches. Makes me want to get on to quilting the next one on my list!

 

Here is the sketch with the plan for quilting. The quilted rope in the borders was marked with a stencil and chalk pencil. She wanted to keep the quilting simple.

Kathie did a great job using a multitude of fabrics. It was great fun moving from block to block as no two were alike! There were so many black and white fabrics I'd never seen before! I wish I had her scraps!! These black and whites have a nice country or reproduction feel and are not stark white. I am definately an off white gal when it comes to choosing whites.

Have a great day!

 

2 comments:

  1. great looking quilt. very masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quilt!! The quilting is awesome and brings out the best of the piecing!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete