Saturday, December 8, 2018

A Blustery Day at the Lake House...An Upcoming Teaching Engagements

Wow!  I would sure say that winter has arrived.  We have not gotten snow here at the Lake House like they have back in Des Moines and other parts of the midwest, but it's still cold and windy.  Why is it we always feel shocked when winter sets in? The forecast for today was 6" of snow but now has reduced to 1".  That's moving in the right direction for me!  It's pretty mild most of the time here at the lake, so it will be gone quickly. 1" will be just enough to enjoy for a day or so.  ❄❄❅❅  Maybe this view will be white tomorrow!  It will put me in the mood for Christmas...🎄



I have been busy going through the items of my parents lifetime.  It's taking me down memory lane for sure.  There are so many memories, it makes me both happy and sad, but comforted as well.  My parents talked about wanting to update the house but never could decide what to do.  We decided to redo the kitchen, remove wallpaper and paint.  Thank goodness the painters have a product that will eliminate having to remove the wallpaper and will be able to paint the walls easily.  The kitchen is in the middle of its' remodel and I will post some before and after pictures when it is completed.  What an experience!

I plan on taking a few minutes from going through items today to do some sewing while football is on.  It used to be that I would prepare a lot of Applique or English Paper Piecing ahead and bring my stack upstairs to sew while Dear Hubs was watching football.  But so far this year I have not had time to prep much ahead of time.  I do have a stack of triangles that I have been sewing together for a while now so I will get them out and try to get some piecing done.  It seems I have been carrying this box of triangles around with me for over a year!!  Time to get it finished!


What will it be??  I'm not quite sure yet!  HAHA!  I am pretty sure I do know, but I'll be keeping that a secret for now!


I've used the Triangle Punch to make my Premium Freezer Paper shapes very quick and easy.  You can find them on the notions page with the Hexie Punches by clicking HERE.  

I have two teaching engagements coming up if you want an excuse for a road trip!  The first is at the Road to California show in Ontario, California.  I will be teaching English Paper Piecing using my technique of basting with starch.  It's a great class!  Click HERE for info.  My workshop is the 3rd one on the page.  Join me for great tips, a new technique for basting and fun!

The second teaching engagement is at the Academy of Applique' in Williamsburg, VA.  I am so honored to be teaching at this event.  It looks like a wonderful location in the heart of history of the beginning of the USA.  I will be teaching two sessions and the topic is The Gardens Of A King quilt.  We will work on 3 blocks in each session and lessons will be full of great tips for excellent results.  I love teaching this quilt to show people it is not as hard as they think it will be!  Click HERE for information.  My workshop information is on page 12.  Click the arrows in the bottom left corner of the picture that comes up on the page and all the information will be there for you to see.  I can't wait!

Wish me luck for actually getting to sit and stitch today!  
Have a wonderful day yourself!
Take care,
Missie


#31daysofblogging2018
#EnglishPaperPiecing
#TraditionalPrimtives

No comments:

Post a Comment