Friday, November 18, 2016

It's Good To Be Home!

Wow! Time flies when you are having fun! Since the last post here on the blog, we've traveled through 8 states and spent many a night away. It's so good to be home!
Some exciting news... A new Punchneedle Mini Quilt is published in the current issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects!
I do believe this little quilt, Pomegranates and Pennies, is my favorite Punchneedle Mini Quilt yet. The rich colors are just what I love and say "home" to me. It's a super easy design to punch and works up very quickly due to the large smooth shapes. The finished size is 12" and will be a great addition to my mini quilt wall. I have the magazines and full kits, including that beautiful wool and Valdani Threads, for this little quilt on my website HERE at Traditional Primitives. This would make a great Holiday present for someone special! After all, it is time to be thinking about shopping for Holiday Season.

Do you see something familiar below in the photo of Frond Studio's booth in Sample Spree at Quilt Market?
The light colored quilt is my pattern French Diamonds! What a difference color makes. See more pictures HERE.
Stephanie Brandenburg is the designer of Frond Fabrics. She's an amazing artist with exceptional talent! I have used several of her fabrics for my backgrounds in some of my primitive quilts. French Diamonds above uses her Plaster Of Paris fabric and has the look of leather in my quilt. The background of the original Pennies In My Garden is also her fabric called Brushstrokes.
It's a challenge for us to think outside the box when we see a quilt we love. You can see their light artsy version below on the back wall as well. Look closely at the table and you'll see Brookshire Star!
Wow! Such a different look with different colors and fabric styles! Frond has used their new Barnboard fabric for the background of Brookshire Star. It keeps that rustic look but adds the modern touch with the Frond fabrics they've used. It's that industrial meets rustic that's so popular today! See more pictures HERE.
,
And my version below...
Take a look at Frond fabrics HERE to see if you can find a unique fabric for one of your upcoming quilts to add the rustic feel you are looking for! Sometimes we need to open our minds to create the "look" we're after when making quilts. I search for primitive fabrics in all types of fabric design styles... Try it! You may find it's easier to open the box than you think!
That's my lesson for today!
I'll share a few pictures from Quilt Market and Festival. We found it challenging to squeeze 40 feet of quilts into 18 feet of wall space at Market, but we managed to make it work out, thank goodness!
We enjoyed bringing our Dear Daughter and Son In Law to help handle the crowds! It was a great time! I was so hoping the World Series would finish up before they had to fly south to join us. Unfortunately the last game was played while they were on the flight to Houston. On the good side, the flight was delayed so they got to see most of the game at the airport...it's a good Son In Law who gets on a plane to join his Mother In Law at a quilt event...especially when the most important inning was just beginning as he entered the plane! He's a Cubs Fan so thankfully the reruns of the end of the game were pleasant for him to see the next day! I love him dearly! Thanks to both he and our daughter for their hard work at Festival!
We saw some friends from the past and met lots of new friends! I love it when you bring your quilts made from my patterns. Thanks for sharing ladies! Enjoy these collages of Fun from Festival! We see A Warm Welcome and Gardens Of A King in the photos below.
Teaching, translating by way of the internet and enjoying the rush! English Paper Piecing basting with Starch, rug punch and punchneedle! My favorite pastimes!
The exhibit was stunning. Unfortunately my camera did a reset and lost all of the photos I took. The exhibit at Festival is always stunning. Absolutely takes your breath away when you see these extraordinary quilt from all eras.

It's such a great time to go to Market and Festival. We are rested and caught up and are ready to take on the upcoming Holidays. It's hard to believe this year has moved by so quickly! Before we know it, we'll be writing 2017. Yowza!
Thanks for taking time to check in on the blog today!
Take care,
Missie

3 comments:

  1. Your new little mini is very eye-catching, Missie!
    Seeing your patterns made in the two different fabric selections is incredible. At first glance you would never guess they were the same patterns.
    Your SIL must love you a lot to be willing to miss the last inning of that game. I am not a huge baseball fan and even I was glued to my seat. : )
    Your booth looks so inviting. You do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like your combo piece with both wool applique and needle punch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love your new piece, hopefully I am going to get time for me this year and catch up on all the projects I want to make. Love seeing all the quilts and your booth looks wonderful.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete