Sunday, September 14, 2014

Busy Days!

Hello! I am back from the wonderful Hook In from Saltbox Primitives in Warsaw, MO. What a wonderful store and wonderful gathering of rug hookers. It was so much fun. I'm sorry to say I was so busy there was no chance for a picture while my mind was clear. The building was a community building over 100 years old and was stunning. The rugs were stunning, and the people there were all so very nice. It was a wonderful day! Saltbox Primitives in Warsaw, MO is worth the trip...a stunning shop of wool and fabric!

A few weeks back, I quilted the Charity Quilt that my Appliqué Group made for our guild's annual charity Auction. The quilting was pretty simple on this Lori Smith Design. The picture turned out terrible I'm sorry to say! But I am very proud to say it brought $575 for a good cause. Our guild brought in roughly $12,000 for 3 worthy charities. It lots of fun as well as lots of doing good!

 

I've been frantically trying to finish my next quilt! Above is a part of one block...this part measures about 3" across! I am using English Paper Piecing and Applique' techniques, making these intricate blocks Oh So Do-able! It will also have a bit of wool appliqué in the border and center.

And here you can see it as part of the 6" circle... These blocks are so very fun to make! In case you haven't read about these blocks I am making before, this is a reproduction of a quilt from the 1700's, the King George III Coverlet. I am in awe of the original maker who had none of the wonderful tools we have today...amazing! I look forward to showing you the entire quilt very soon! The pattern will be available in the near future.

The picture below is the next block I'm working on today...organized and waiting for some attention! I'm linking up to Kathy's Slow Stitch Sunday today!

Take care and thanks so much for popping by today!

Missie

 

 

 

20 comments:

  1. Oh my, I am looking forward to seeing this when it is complete. Have fun as you stitch today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous !

    And that charity quilt is beautiful / the photo is fine. Amazing at the money you ladies have raised...that is wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Pinterest category for the King George quilt. I did not know that you are making a version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. King George is looking great! I love the charity quilt too - that looks like more than "simple" quilting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful quilt and so nice that your group made so much money, overall.
    Love the paper piece, really nice look. I need to start taking my time for my appliqué and maybe use fusibles, even if it takes extra steps.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your guild's success at raising money for charities. Your projects are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my goodness that looks like so so much fun to stitch... enjoy!
    And congrats on raising all that money with the beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your KGC blocks are looking fabulous and what a great way to stitch them! I can't wait to see your finished quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these round blocks as I do Lori Smith's applique blocks. Great job on the fund raising.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to seeing all those beautiful blocks assembled into a quilt. Whenever I think I need a really specialized tool to finish a quilt, I remember that quilters years ago did not have them. I amazed by what they accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those beautiful blocks. Can't wait to see your whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a gorgeous quilt your guild made--quilting looks more than "simple" to me!
    Wow--love those blocks you are making. Can't wait to see the whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your EPP, such subtle fabric colours and smashing block designs : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pieced circles! I have never seen King George blocks before. I will be watching for more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your King George blocks are to die for....love how you fussy cut the backgrounds. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes Ma'am ! Please email me when your pattern is available. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. the charity quilt is so pretty.
    lovin' your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. these tiny blocks are amazing. what a challenge, just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to see you are still cooking on your circle blocks. We "circle-makers" need to stick together!!

    They look great--and oh, so small!

    :) Elizabeth
    www.opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete