Thursday, August 20, 2026

New Projects for Academy of Applique' Classes, Spring '27! Registration Coming SOON!

 I'm so excited to share my new projects with you that I'll be teaching at Academy of Applique' next spring of '27!  Well, one is my design and the other is a stunning project I'm patterning for my friend Julee Prose.  My classes teach starch basting for a perfect prepared edge for easy stitching.  My original notions for this method really help the process go quickly and easily.  

The first session offering is called Sweet Lyla, named after the flowers that bloom around Mother's Day, when my most recent granddaughter was born.  She has a room full of wildflowers and these colors will match her room so well.  This block is about 20" in size, but you can choose to make a block that's about 36" - 40" if you want something larger.  This is the smaller size option, full of beautiful bright pastels.  It can be bordered or bound as is or you can make multiples for a stunning larger quilt.  


And this is the larger option at 36" which consists of a center motif and 4 unique stars in addition to the corner motifs shown above.  It's so lovely and can be bordered as is or again, would be stunning as multiples for a larger kit!  Secondary designs pop when you make multiples.

Pre Sale Kits are available for both options along with thread kits now on my website at TraditionalPrimitives.com.  They will be shipped to the Academy if you take my class or shipped to your home if you can't attend.  I'm not able to ship until after the event where I am offering this exclusively until after the event.  That will be about mid March of 2027.  


My class for the second session is called Old Glory Under His Wings, designed by Julee Prose and patterned by myself.  The block is 30" and is just stunning.  



This class is the center of the larger quilt.  You'll enjoy making this project which celebrates the USA and is designed in the style of Baltimore Album quilts of the mid 1800s.  Julee did a great job with all the intricate details included in the quilt.  You can choose to make this block, exclusively offered at the Academy of Applique' event, or purchase the entire pattern if you don't attend or want to make the entire quilt, shown below.  Pre Sale on the patterns are available.  The fabric kit for the entire quilt will be available soon on the website.  I'm so honored to offer this to you!


Take a look at the class catalog at AcademyofApplique.com and make your plan to register at noon sharp on Labor Day!  Read over ALL the info so you know exactly what you need to do to get into the classes you desire.  

Let me know if you have any questions about these classes and I'm happy to try to answer them.  I hope to see you there!!  

If you are not subscribing to my blog and want to do so on the right side bar, you'll receive an email each time I post so you won't miss a thing.  Feel free to follow me at Missie Carpenter - Traditional Primitives over on FB or @traditionalprimitives on Instagram.  

Thanks for stopping by and take care,
Missie


No comments:

Post a Comment