Saturday, September 23, 2017

It's Been A Long, Long Time...

Hello Quilters!  Wow, how the time has passed since my last post.  Yowza! My blogging app I loved has been discontinued and I can't seem to find an easy one to use to create posts.  That's one reason I have been a lazy blogger recently!  It makes such a struggle to post these days.  If anyone uses an easy blogging app on the Ipad please let me know!

The other reason is that it seems I just don't have enough time in the day to get all things accomplished and the list keeps growing.  So much has happened this year so I'll fill you in!

My last post showed that we were expecting our first grandchild.  Our hearts are bursting with love and laughs for Paxton, our Grandson.  He's such a joy!



Both Hubs and I forgot how tiny a newborn is...so sweet!


He was long and lean.  Such serious expressions!



And then he started to grin...be still my heart!



And now he's a little ham all the time!  He is no longer a string bean and we can officially call him a Butterball (My nickname for my girls when they got the healthy baby pudge!)  His crazy hat hair gives us a glimpse of what he'll look like as a big boy!  We love our little Paxton!  



May took us to St. Louis for Quilt Market.  Somehow we ended up with a super crowded booth- SO many quilts to show.  I still feel like so many shop owners have not seen my quilts and Starch Basting Technique for EPP before so I feel like we have to show everything.  We have officially decided that a half booth is NOT big enough! Haha!



I introduced a few new patterns.  Of course they are on the website so take a peek if you are interested at Traditional Primitives on the Wool Page.  The top 3 are all Wool Applique and are quick to sew.  I love wool applique on cotton backgrounds which keep the cost down somewhat.




The last quilt introduced at Quilt Market as a pattern is Bunchberry Blooms.  It was originally published in Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine and I do have a few copies left if you'd like one.  It's a great price and contains lots of other pretty patterns.  Of course you can buy just the pattern if you'd just like that option.  This can be found HERE on the website.



And recently Redware Bouquet has been released.  It does fit the oval trays that are so popular!


We have kits for all of these as well as the patterns of course.  It's always nice to have a kit ready to go when you are ready to sew!   I'll stop there and make another post very soon!

As always, thanks for stopping by and come back again.
Take care,
Missie

3 comments:

  1. You have been busy but having a grand baby is the best excuse for being away. They do bring joy into our lives and now we get to just have the fun and not the work of raising them;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandchildren are such a joy!! Enjoy him now, they grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same problem using Blogger on the iPad. I googled it & found out that I needed to open Blogger in Chrome. When you type in your blog URL in the address field you will see 3 dots to the right (these are the "more" functions). Click on the 3 dots & then select "request desktop site". Thus gives me all the functions I used to have. Hope that helps. Enjoy the new baby!

    ReplyDelete