Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Journey To A New Trick for English Paper Piecing!

Hello! Recent questions have come up about using starch with English Paper Piecing. Here is the link with my original post about this. Click HERE to get to the post. It is a summary of my journey of English Paper Piecing...ie, the lazy English Paper Piecer! Haha

Just because every post deserves a picture, here is one you have not seen of my booth. This is the EPP "department", which as you see also blends into the wool "department"! Haha!

I hope that post link above helps the new followers understand the process! Let me know if you have questions! I teach this and several other methods to quilters at guilds and shops. It's great to spread the joy of Engish Paper Piecing!

Take care,

Missie

 

7 comments:

  1. Your booth looks wonderful and I like how you have the accessories to go with making a quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting method of EPP!
    Funny how we all find our niche in quilting. I love machine piecing, but have no leanings toward applique, and I am on the fence with EPP, though I have done it for years.
    I'll do your piecing and you can do my applique! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds easy enough. Two potential "problems" for me: my EPP projects are my portable projects (in the car on our road trips, in waiting rooms, etc.) and I hand quilt (I've never used starch before, so I don't know if it will impede my hand quilting??). But I love hexies and EPP ... so I can see using this method for a project that won't be a portable project. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it wrong to admit that I want every single thing on that table? You do such lovely work, what an inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Booth? What did I miss - where? I have to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Missie
    Karen from Faeries and fibres sent me over to look at your starch method of basting hexagons. I spent a good while visiting your blog which is really beautiful. Your work is just my cup of tea - stunning. I am a new follower and look forward to seeing all the lovely things you make.

    ReplyDelete